Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 7 - Our Old Haunts

Being married for eight years doesn't seem like that long, but it is long enough to have "old haunts."  Living in Cedar City, our favorite place to frequent to celebrate was Applebees.
applebees1
Every time something good happened, we had dinner at Applebees.  Internships, jobs, graduation, start to vacations, etc were all celebrated at Applebees.
We also spend a lot of time on campus.
SUU Campus
We have so many memories on this campus.  WAY too many to name, but it will always hold a place near to our hearts.
Finally, we LOVED spending time at the West Canyon Park.
CanyonWestPavilion 
Jeremy flew a kite for the first time here, we spend many hours lounging around or walking the trail up the canyon.  It was great.
There are so many spots that have great memories of Matt and I: the canyon, meadow, movie theaters, and of course the Vegas.

4 comments:

Matt said...

I remember Jeremy got a kite stuck in a tree there once. I'd get the kite up in the air and hand it off to him and he's start chasing it. As soon as that happened the string would lose it tension and start falling. He never did keep one up in the air for very long, but he loved to chase them...until it got stuck in a tree. Then he was very upset. Those places will always hold a special place in our hearts.

born2bhappy said...

It is fun to look back on things that seemed so ordinary just to find out they hold great memories for us.

Goofyness said...

I know what you mean. Cedar still holds great memories for Ray and I. You should have put a picture of your old place at sunset ridge. You guys was there for awhile.
It is great to remember all the things and places that got you where you guys are today.

Jenny Stoker said...

I have memories of Cedar as well. Rollerblading down a parking garage and or loading dock and screwing up my leg, walking the trail with Abby while she was prego with Bailee trying to get her to go into labor! Those were the days!