After Sharon's middle of the night fire drill, she decided to have a family home evening all about fire safety. Monday came and as I was talking to Matt on the phone, he informed me that he needed to take the cows to the auction on Monday. Jeremy decided he wanted to go with Dad down to Salina, so Bailee and I headed up to Payson to learn all about fire safety.
It was a great night. The soup was delicious and the speakers were great with the little kids. They covered all the basis, and even let them play with their old fire equipment.
Half-way through we sent the kids downstairs to play while they talked to adults about fire prevention. I grew up in a house that have 0 fire detectors. Yup, that's right. 0 So everything they were saying scared the living daylights out of me. So now, all I can think about is my pilot light starting my house on fire, or my water heater burning everything to smithereens. But at least Bailee will know what do if there is a fire. Jeremy will just have to fend for himself.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Fire Drill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Well thank goodness Bailee's room is right by Jeremy's. That why if worst comes to worst she can tell him what to do. Plus I'm sure Jeremy will learn about it in school. They teach them stuff like that. Sounds like you had a great time. I hope you got lots of money from your cows.
Sounds like you had a fun time. Fire safety is number 1. I am just glad nothing ever happened in our house growing up. I think we all would have burned to death
Learning about fire is good, but don't make it sound so terrible at home. Maybe my faith was more effective than a fire detector, ya ever think of that.
Post a Comment