Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My New Year Resolutions

I know that most people think that new year resolutions are lame and nobody sticks to them, but they do serve a purpose (if it is only about a month).  So I have thought a lot about the things that I want to do this coming year and I came up with a list:

Keep off the caffeine:
  Seriously, caffeine free Pepsi tastes the exact same (or maybe I have just tricked my brain into thinking that it tastes the same).  Also, I sleep better and I don't "crash" on the weekends.

Talk to my kids more about the Gospel:  We have our moments, but everyday, I want to talk to them about something Gospel related.  I don't want to miss important teaching opportunities.

Date Night Every Week:  We have started doing these again, and it is great.  I remember how much we would fight when we would neglect this.  It is fun to get out of my element and talk and laugh and eat with Matt.  We are kinder to each other and more affectionate.  It is great.

Go to the temple at least four times:  It's awful I know.  I haven't been to the temple in months, so I am starting off with a realistic goal.  If I can go once each quarter I will be doing better than I did last year.  Baby steps.

Do something fun with my kids once a week:  Kids are pretty easy to please (at least young kids are).  They would be happy playing a board game or going to get a drink.  I want to put the focus on them and let them choose what we do for one evening each week.

Study the Ensigns:  I love the articles in it and I want to focus my personal study toward the messages that are in there.

Save $50 a month:  Most of you who know me, know that I am awful with money.  Matt literally takes care of all of it.  I don't even know if and when our bills get paid.  I am completely out of the loop and I like it that.  Matt is the one that has to worry about it.  It's great, but I do want to put some away for a rainy day.

Keep learning how to cook.  I must admit.  I now know why I have never learned to cook, because when I start to cook Matt jumps in, takes over, and shooshes me out of the kitchen.  I was supposed to make soup for Christmas Eve (soup debacle of 2008), and when I got there and started putting things in a pot, suddenly Matt swoops in, grabs the ladle out of my hand and the next thing I know I am on the couch in the front room.  I won't be deterred though.  Is my cooking really that bad?

Be more involved in Jeremy's schoolwork:  I want to help him learn new things and see the light in his eye when he "gets" something.

So there are a few things that I want to do this coming year.  Hopefully they will come to fruition and I will be a little bit better than I am right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's very progressive of you honey. I'll do better at letting you cook every once in a while. :) I hope this year works out the way that you want it to. Love you very much.

Bailey Family said...

Those are great resolutions I hope that you can stick to them! Maybe you could print them out if you haven't already that way you can see your list everyday to remind you of them.

Here at home said...

You can do eeet. I think I'll work on a few of those myself.