Monday, May 16, 2011

The Zoo

Wednesday, Bailee has a school field trip to the zoo.  She woke up VERY excited.  As we were getting closer to the zoo, the storm clouds were also getting closer, and since I didn’t not bring jackets we had to stop and buy some.  The colder weather didn’t get Bailee’s spirits down though.  She LOVED it:
DSCN2714
We went to see the elephants:
DSCN2723
DSCN2725
Then the Rhinos:
DSCN2727
DSCN2777
DSCN2776 

Then we saw some camels:
DSCN2731
And some birds, including my Grandma Garrett's favorite, a peacock:
DSCN2733 
DSCN2736
DSCN2739
Then we reached the top hill of the zoo:
DSCN2741
Bailee loved these drinking fountains,  she wanted a picture every time we spotted one.


On our way we saw the llamas:

Next were the tigers:
DSCN2747
DSCN2748
DSCN2751

Then we made it to the giraffes:
DSCN2760
DSCN2763
Then we headed over to the reptile/bird room.  It didn’t smell so great, so we didn’t stay long there.  After lunch we checked out the one gorilla:
DSCN2779 
DSCN2781
DSCN2782
Because the bottom half of the zoo was closed we were only there for about 2 hours and then we headed home.  Bailee and a blast and it was nice to be able to spend a day with just the girls.

 

4 comments:

Sheridy said...

I love going to the zoo. I'm so glad that you all had a great time. It brings back memories.

born2bhappy said...

We did have a good time even though a lot was closed. I think I liked lunch the best.

Matt said...

My little girl is the cutest. It looks like she had a really great time. Jeremy and I went to the zoo yesterday for his field trip and we got snowed on. It was much colder than it was for Bailee it seems. I'm glad that she got to go see all the animals and that you girls had a great time.

Here at home said...

That's great you got to go with her on her fieldtrip. The Zoo can be so much fun.