This weekend Brandon and his boys came up to help brand. Matt was up and gone before I woke up and could tell him to the take the camera for pictures. But as we were talking about the day, it seemed everyone had fun and the work got done. Matt and Brandon even managed to convince Connor of the vindictive nature of the cows and Connor spent most of the day on the school bus. When all the work was done we decided to go out to dinner to celebrate a job well done. So we went to Denny’s. About halfway through the meal I looked over and noticed a little advertisement. I was just glad that I was mostly done with my dinner because it was a pretty nasty sight:
I only had my phone so the picture isn’t very good. Yes, that is a bacon ice cream sundae. Bacon!! Let me say that again. BACON!!! Firstly, I don’t like bacon that much in the first place, but putting it in an ice cream sundae!! Are they serious? But wait, it gets better:
That is the bacon pyramid. GROSS!!! Bacon meatloaf, Bacon flapjacks, and at the very top the Bacon Sundae. Eewwww!! Nasty. Honestly, I don’t know what Denny’s was thinking. Oh wait, I know what they were thinking: “Mmmmm, we love bacon. How can we make everyone love bacon? That’s it, put it in some ice cream. Yah, that will do the trick.”
Anyhoo, after dinner the Morrill’s headed home and we headed to see Thor (which is an awesome movie by the way). It was a great day and we were so glad that they came up!! Thanks guys!
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Branding and Bacon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I loved the movie too. How gross to put bacon in such things. I think they have lost their mind.
Now...I'm a fan of bacon. Don't get me wrong, I like bacon. It reminds me of Christmas morning and Saturday breakfasts in the fall. For me, it's the quintessential breakfast food. I had to admit that when I saw the bacon sundae, I felt an atrocity had been committed. Denny's took my beloved bacon, and turned it into a monster!! Never! Never will i indulge in this horror! No Denny's until they lift the bacon baron from it's thrown!!
I think I will pass on the bacon sundaes, myself. Somebody, somewhere must think they are delicious, though, or they wouldn't be advertising it. Blech!
Post a Comment