Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day part 2

So we headed over to the Perrine Bridge.  They actually have a steady stream of base jumpers that come and take a dive, but since it was so windy, there was no one there.
DSCN2971
DSCN2972
Baby Lexie is in the purple blanket at the bottom of this next photo:
DSCN2974
We went over to the visitor’s center and talked with the lady there and she said that you could see the landing pad where the base jumpers land on the other side of the bridge, so we braved the wind and took the trail under the bridge:
DSCN2975
There were bronze statues all over the place:
DSCN2977
Then we made it to the other lookout and we saw the landing pad:
DSCN2978
There is a little red circle with an X in the middle of it.  That is where they are supposed to land.  Here’s a better picture of the bridge:
DSCN2979
Then we ran back to our cars and headed out to the fish hatchery.  Matt was very excited about this:

He took a TON of pictures of the fish.  Here are a few:
DSCN2985
DSCN2980
They said that if you order Trout in any restaurant in the western United States it probably came from this facility.  It was HUGE.  Here are more fish pics as per Matt’s request:
DSCN2981
You can’t see it very well, but that fish is GIANT.  They told me what type it was but I was tuning them out and I can’t remember.
DSCN2986
More fish.
DSCN2988
This was just HALF of the hatchery.  It was HUGE:
DSCN2989
Then we headed to the lake just below.  Matt was really bummed he didn’t have his fishing pole.  We could have left him there all day.  There were pelicans all over the place.
 DSCN2990
It was around 11:30 and we were starting to get hungry so we headed back into Twin Falls to eat at Idaho Joes:
DSCN2992
There was a wooden bear out front that the kids hopped on:
DSCN2993
DSCN2991
DSCN2994
The food was cheap, but not that great.  Then we loaded up the car, filled it with gas, and headed home.  It was a new experience and absolutely beautiful.  I’m glad I could share it with my family even if we were in the car for 11 total hours!!

 

4 comments:

Matt said...

Oh my gosh was it a lot of driving. Made me glad that I didn't become a truck driver. :) It was all very beautiful country and I enjoyed it all very much. I'd go back again, but I'd insist on a couple of things: stay there for a day or two, and I get to bring a fishing pole.

Jenny Stoker said...

It was fun. And FYI it was a Sturgen. (the giant fish) Idaho was beautiful. I'm glad that we stayed the night instead of driving. I'm sorry!

born2bhappy said...

The gorge was ginormous and very beautiful. I didn't know Idaho had such awesome scenery. I am so glad we went.

Here at home said...

You have been wanting to go there for a long time. Glad you finally got to go. Some parts of Idaho really are beautiful. I guess we really will have to check out those falls sometime.