Thursday, August 25, 2011

Welcome Fall

It’s time to say Aloha to the summer and welcome in the Fall. Last year we watched Summer Magic and kicked off the Fall of Festivities. However, this year, we are kicking off the Morrills Spookfest 2011. And to start us off we found a classic.  Does anyone remember this TV show from the 90’s on Nickelodeon?
are you afriad of the dark
Yup, I found them on DVD for super cheap!! So we put, the kids to bed, grabbed some slurpees:
DSCN3736
and got ready for a scary night of campfire stories:
DSCN3737
Submitted for the approval of the midnight society:
kids2
These episodes used to really scare me when I was younger and Matt makes fun of me now. So after our mini-marathon we sat down and wrote out a list of activities to celebrate Spookfest 2011.  Beginning September 1 and ended October 31, here are some of the things we have planned. Please feel free to join in on any of the spooky fun.
We will be going on a full moon chair lift ride at Sundance on September 14th.
Our bi-annual trip up to General Conference.
We will be having a Psych part on October 15th.
We are going to Thriller on October 14th in SLC.
We will be going to the play Hotel Frankenstein in Lindon.
We are going up to Gardner Village to get spooked by the witches, and get lost and turned around in Cornbelly’s Maze.
We can’t forget Nephi’s good old “Halloweentown".
A Pumpkin Carving contest.
Night games including No Bears Are Out Tonight.
Campfires and stories.
Fall pictures up the canyon.
Halloween carnival.
We’ll take a little Halloween cruise on the provo river and celebrate Tyler’s b-day.
Not to mention pumpkin patch hayrides at phillips farm.
Trunk or Treating.
And spooky FHE lessons. 
Other possible activities include:
Haunted Canyon train ride on the Heber creeper.
Frightmares at Lagoon. Anyone have discount tickets?
Murder mystery party.
And of course the 13 days of Halloween start on October 19. Every night up to Halloween will be filled with a spooky dinner, and a family friendly “scary” movie.
I’ve also added a bunch of awesome movies for Halloween.  The following is a list of Halloween/Scary movies for your borrowing pleasure:
Mr. Boogedy
The Bride of Boogedy
Nightmare Before Christmas
The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
Worst Witch
Casper
Young Frankenstein
Clue
The Halloween That Almost Wasn’t
Garfield’s Halloween
Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Chipmunks Halloween
Disney’s Halloween Treat
Halloweentown 1-4
Bednobs and Broomsticks
Blackbeard’s Ghost
Scooby-Doo
Mickey’s House of Villians
Harry Potter 1-7
Ernest Scared Stupid
Adams Family
The Burbs
Bug’s Bunny’s Halloween
Phineas and Ferb Halloween
Black Cauldron
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Watcher In The Woods
The Witches
Mad Monster Party
Twitches
The Changling
Little Shop of Horrors
Beetlejuice
Witches Night Out
Grinch Night
The Jetsons: Halloween Special
Tower of Terror
Are You Afraid of the Dark Series

So any of you who are up for a spooky good time, come on over to the Morrills Spookfest 2011!!

6 comments:

Matt said...

Oh man I am so excited!!! It's going to be great. The fall is my favorite time of the year and this Spookfest is going to make it even better!! Of course Abby, you left one thing out: Gathering cattle off the forest. It's intense and scary to see if we can get them all off before the snow falls.

verena said...

HOLY GUACAMOLE! How do you have time for this?! I'm overwhelmed just reading it! We'd love to join for all but will probably have to be happy with some! Knowing that.. what do you recommend for my age chickens?

Abby said...

I would definately recommend Hotel Frankenstein for your chickens Verena. It is cheap and should be a fun time!! Plus any of the spooky dinners and movies and of course - PSYCH

Sheridy said...

I love the fall season and the smell, but you have exausted me just with all that stuff you have planned, I almost feel overwhelmed by it. (It could also be that it is 12:45 am) so I guess I should get off of here. by the way I found and awesome website that has halloween stuff I think you would like.
I found it on pinterest.

http://www.divinedinnerparty.com/halloween-party-food.html

I hope you have a good time making this stuff.

Jenny Stoker said...

I love the Spooky dinners! Mummy enchiladas oh ya! Nice....sounds like my kind of party!

born2bhappy said...

That's a lot of stuff, we will not want for something to do. I also love the fall. You didn't mentions just driving up the canyon to look at the pretty leaves in the mountains. That can be a Sunday activity.