Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sheep 1 Jeremy 0

Last Wednesday I come home from work and go over and pick up the kids from my mom’s house.  Suddenly Jeremy and my Dad come running up to me and here is how the conversation goes.
Dad:  “So tomorrow I am going out to the desert with Gene to gather sheep.”
Me:  “OK, sounds like fun if you’re in to that, which I’m not so you have fun with that.”
Dad:  “Yah, I really like the desert.”
Jeremy: “I really like the desert too mom.”
Me: “Cool, go get your backpack so we can go home.”
Dad:  “Well, I was thinking that maybe Jeremy could go with me.”
Me:  “He has school tomorrow.”
Dad: “But it is early day.  Please!”
Jeremy:  “Please, please, please.”
I’m looking at the two of them standing there in front of me begging for Jeremy to go with him.  I relent and allow Jeremy to go with him.  As we are walking out the door, my dad says:
”Oh yah, we are getting up at 6AM so he better sleep over tonight.”
That little weasel.  So I send Jeremy over to Grandpa and who knows how late they stayed up watching cowboy movies and eating popcorn.  The next afternoon I get a phone call from Jeremy.
”Hi mom, this is your son Jeremy.  I just want to let you know that I got beat up by a sheep today and I am NOT very happy.”
”Oh no, are you ok?”
He then proceeded to tell me (in between cries) how awful sheep are and he doesn’t know if he can ever be friends with them again.  Here are the little guys war wounds:

 
I guess maybe next time he’ll think twice before wanting to skip school.

5 comments:

Matt said...

I got the whole story to, but by then I guess grandpa had consoled to boy enough with an ice cream cone with chopped nuts on top. I think that after Jeremy gets a little more size on him, those sheep will think twice before they mess with him again.

Sheridy said...

lol.. That is awesome! An adventure he'll never forget.

Cory said...

Now, that's a good story to tell. "Hey, how'd you get those scratches on your face?" "Oh, I had a run in with a sheep." That boy and the adventures he'll have.

Jenny Stoker said...

It was pretty great! He told us and was excited about it! And was laughing!

born2bhappy said...

He thought it was adventure by the time he got home to tell me. You didn't even tell about all the bones he found out there and brought home. A boy can find neat stuff anywhere he goes. I am glad he and grandpa can do things together. Keeps grandpa young.