Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Pink Comb

Last night, after this little sweetheart: 
100_2633
got out of the tub and put her pajamas on, she came into my room with my pink comb and asked me to comb her hair.  I got some de-tangle spray and started to comb out all the snarls.  Bailee is not a prissy little girl.  For the most part, she hardly ever has her hair done up, but last night, she sat on my bed for almost 2 hours and wanted me to comb her hair.  I had a hard day yesterday and I was perfectly content to cuddle with my little girl watching Gilmore Girls and combing out her hair.  As I watched the light glisten off her reddish brown hair and thought of that little girls future and what as in store for her:  friends, school, heartbreak, trials, triumphs, and a whole lot of fun.  Today she is a sweet 5 year old little girl who loves to play with her cousins, climb trees, and play in the water.  Before I know it, she will be all grown up and on her own.  I know its going to be quite a ride full of ups and downs, but right now at this moment I am content just combing her hair.

5 comments:

Matt said...

She also got her nails painted red to. Afterwards she was warned not to smear them while they were wet so she sat on the bed with her hands held out just above the covers so they wouldn't get smeared. She stayed like that for an hour. She's the sweetest little girl you'll ever know. I hope that she always stays that way no matter what stage in life she's in.

born2bhappy said...

That was the first thing she wanted to show me today was her nails. She loves them. She is more of a girl that you think. She definitely is growing up way too fast. We were talking about not fitting on my lap soon and how sad I would be just yesterday.

Here at home said...

Sure. Make me cry. She really is a cute, sweet girl. I love that Bailee. I hope she will always know how much she is loved.
I hope you have a better day, today.

Jenny Stoker said...

Bailee is getting bigger! I can't believe that she is going to kindergarten next year! That is just crazy to me! It seems like yesterday we were waking up with her and calling her Bailee cheeks. Oh man!

Goofyness said...

Oh that is so great. Rachel wont let me comb her hair. What a great moment you two had. What a sweet little girl.