Another one of my favorite Christmas traditions: Temple Square!!! Boy this year was COLD. Matt wanted to stay home, but once he saw this:
he was glad that we made the trek up. This was the first year we opted to ditch the strollers and make the kids walk. When we went to Disneyland in the Fall, Jeremy actually broke his stroller because he was too big, so we decided it was time. The kids put on their snowsuits and we were off.
As soon as we got on Temple Square, we veered into the visitors center for bathroom breaks and a little warming up.
Then it was on to the lights.
Tyler was having a hard time. He wanted to get out of the stroller, then it was too cold to get out.
Then we had to get our traditional group shot in front of the fountain:
One of my favorites:
Then we headed up towards the office buildings. They had different nativities all over. For some reason when we got up there, it got REALLY cold. This is where Jeremy pooped out, but Bailee wanted her picture in front of EVERY nativity. I won't put all of them up, but here are some of my favorites:
Her rosy red cheeks are so cute.
By now, Tyler was on the verge of a level 5 meltdown, so Jenny and Justin headed for home and we soldiered on. I love the nativity in the middle of the reflection pond.
Jeremy was ready to go home, so we made our way back to the car. Bailee kept wanting her picture taken along the way:
We made it to the car and the kids were asleep before we made it on the freeway.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Temple Light-tastic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I miss those days. I'm so glad that you had a great time and that you were able to go up. I can't wait until we can go with you guys again.
Ya it was fun until Tyler wigged! When we got in the car he kept telling me how sorry he was! And that he was going to be good next time. None the less it was still fun! Good pictures.
I love going to Temple Square. The lights are so inspiring and the feeling so good. The pictures turned out really good. It was cold for sure.
Looking at all those pictures really makes me want to go. Some day, we really will take our kids up there to see the lights. I"m just not sure I like the freezing cold. It's a must, though. That's great that you guys got to do that as a family.
Post a Comment