OK, so last year I made of list of things that I wanted to do:
Keep off the caffeine: I did pretty good and was completely caffeine free until the day after Thanksgiving. Staying up for over 24 hours straight took its toll.
Talk to my Kids more about the Gospel: It is amazing how when you are looking for those teaching moments, they come more and more. It has been a great year learning about the Gospel. Even if we told the kids that if they weren't obedient, they would get swallowed by a whale like Jonah.
Date Night Every Week: We did OK. We didn't really go out a whole lot when we were saving for a vacation, but we managed to get some quality alone time every week.
Go to the Temple at Least Four Times: Wow! I look at that and I am amazed. Not only have we gone four times, but we have managed to go to the temple twice every month last year. It has been a HUGE blessing and I have had some AMAZING spiritual experiences.
Do something fun with my kids once a week: I'm sure they probably didn't think they were too much fun, but last year, we DID manage to have quite a bit of fun as a family.
Study the Ensigns: This is one I rarely did. I guess I can roll that one over to this coming year.
Save $50 a month: Yah, that didn't happen. Once I got it in my mind to party like it was 2009 all the savings went out the door.
Keep learning how to cook: Boy, that one didn't last long. I have come to accept my weakness that I just can't cook plain and simple. But you still love me right?
Be more involved in Jeremy's Schoolwork: Man, that kid has A LOT of homework. He has been really good to get it done though, and he LOVES to read so we can set him down with a book and he will be content for almost an hour just reading.
So to take a different turn at the beginning of this new year, Matt and I decided to have an FHE about resolutions and make a mobile that we can look at every day:
The Kids painted the base:
And then we talked about the 5 goals we set as a family.
1. Family Prayer every night.
2. Read Scriptures every night.
3. Be a good example.
4. Love one another.
5. Attend the Temple.
So even though they are simple, we believe that they will help us be stronger as a family. Here's hoping you all have a happy and safe New Year!!!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Mobile Resolutions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I like that mobile Idea. we might try something like that. I wish that I was crative like that. I'm glad that I can get cute Ideas from you. So don't be suprised if you see that my next blog is the same as yours.
Good going on the resolutions. This year will be just as great. There is something about starting a new year that makes us all want to be better.
Good resolutions. I like the opportunity to be a better person and for some reason the New Year always does it. I like the idea of the mobile. Very creative. Hopefully this year will be just as good as last year.
This is going to be awesome! The kids even talked about how they would be good for whoever was watching them while we went to the temple. They said that would be their part to help our family attend.
Post a Comment