Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Heroes

As a mother I worry A LOT about what my children are exposed to. I worry about how peers, teachers, television, music, and even myself shape their views of the world. Even with all the family scripture study, prayer, Primary, FHE, scouts, activity days, etc. I worry about who they will look up to and what their priorities are. However, at last parent teacher conference my mind was eased a bit. The kids were asked to draw who their hero was. This was Jeremy’s:
downsize
After a little prodding, Jeremy explained that his hero was:
Dad4
his Grandpa. As I thought of all the other people and characters that could have occupied that paper, my heart filled with gratitude for my dad. He and Jeremy are best friends. It has been such a blessing for my children to live right next door to their Grandparents. Yesterday, as Jeremy was mopping the kitchen floor he hurt his foot. After a hug and a kiss he informed me that he was going over to Grandpa’s so he could make it feel better too (I’m sure that involved some popcorn and a Pepsi). I am grateful for my Dad and all that he is. He is an amazing example of faith, dedication, humility, kindness, and charity. He is a good man and I couldn’t be happier that he is Jeremy’s hero.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I too was very grateful that Jeremy has such a wonderful Hero that he talks about and gets excited to be with. Both of our children are very happy they live so close to their grandparents and I will forever be grateful for their influence on our childrens life.

born2bhappy said...

That is so neat. It makes me cry. He and Jeremy are truly buds and share everything. I hope it will stay that way.