One of my favorite authors is Agatha Christie. My mom worked at the library and she was always bringing home books she thought her kids would enjoy, and Agatha Christie's books were always on her list. Christie brought us the famed detective Hercule Poirot who solved Murder on the Orient Express and Death on the Nile. Most people don't know that Agatha Christie is the best-selling author of ALL-TIME: selling over two billion books. Only the Bible has sold more copies.
So, a few weeks ago, I got an email saying that Agatha Christie's "Mousetrap" was coming to the Covey Center for the Arts and that tickets to the preview day were $5. So I got on the phone and told Matt to run over to the box office and pick up a couple of tickets. I have never read "The Mousetrap" so I was excited and I knew that it would be full of creepy intrigue and exciting last minute twists (and I wasn't disappointed).
Dad dropped me off at the Mall to meet Matt. We needed to get Jeremy some new church shoes. On our way out we noticed the men's shoes were on sale. Matt's church shoes have been falling apart, literally. So he tried some on. Nice eh?
I was wondering around waiting for Matt to finish trying on his shoes when I found some cute brown shoes and they were only $17. See:
So we left the store with 3 shoe boxes and decided to grab a cheap bite to eat. So we headed to Panda Express. It was tasty. We sat by the windows and enjoyed our little meal:
After dinner I wanted to run over to Sam's and get some items. While Matt was checking out, I went and got a couple of Churros to munch on. (and Matt did munch):
There was still and hour and a half before the show started so we did a little window shopping and looked at all the Halloween decorations and then it was time for the show.
We get into the theatre, find our seats, and I start to fiddle with my camera to figure out how to take pictures without the flash. I managed a few, but they aren't very good. Here is the stage set:
It was a great story. Matt and I were absolutely certain who the murderer was. We each had different theories. During the intermission we sat and debated who the killer was and why. It was fun.
The murderer was revealed in the 3 minutes of the play and we were both wrong. Christie can certainly keep an audience guessing. Part of the play included the poem "Three Blind Mice". The killer would hum it right before he/she killed the victim. It was soooo creepy. We left the theatre with chills. We took pictures of the poster as we were leaving: ![]()
It was a perfect fall festivity.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Fall of Festivities #3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yeah, I got up this morning to shower and was in the hallway when all the sudden I started to hear the piano tune they played of the Three Blind Mice and it freaked me out. I hurried and jumped in the shower where it was nice and warm and void of any killers. It was so creepy and whatnot. I thought it was an excellent way to spend an evening. I was right about a couple of the characters, but mostly wrong about their involvement.
How fun! glad you got to get out.
That sounds like a really good play. I will go next time. Fall is being much better than summer.
Love it when you find a good deal on shoes.
I have never heard of Three Blind Mice. I may have to start reading some of Agatha Christie.
What a fun date.
Post a Comment