Monday, January 25, 2010

Insights Into A Hot Bath

Matt and I have owned our home for almost three years now and not once have we ever had a hot bath.  We needed a new water heater, but at the time it just wasn't a priority.  Besides, we could always just boil some water on the stove and dump it into a bath.  So this weekend, Matt decided it was time for a new water heater.  After hours of installing and a call to a plumber, our water heater was ready to get to work. 
That night I hopped into a steaming hot bath.  As I lay soaking in the steam, my mind turned to Haiti.  I thought of the thousands of people who have never had a hot bath, who probably never had running water.  I thought of the devastation and pain that they were experiencing at that very moment that I was enjoying a relaxing HOT bath.  My heart hurt for all that suffering. 
Then, my mind turned to a bunch of conference talks that I had read that day.  Our new YW president has asked each of the leaders to go through and do the personal progress again.  So I was working on the first faith goal and it talked about faith and the relationship faith has with prayer.  I know that millions of prayers have gone out to the people in Haiti.  I know from personal experience that through prayer, Heavenly Father can send peace for the soul and comfort for the heart.  Suddenly I knew in my mind that although there is devastation and suffering in Haiti, Heavenly Father is comforting his people and answering prayers.  My faith has been strengthened and I know that Heavenly Father is aware of each and every one of his children.  I know that He loves us and if we exercise TRUE faith, nothing will ever go permanently wrong.

4 comments:

Here at home said...

We truly are blessed, aren't we? I take so much for granted. We can be so grateful for hot water. Even toilet paper.

born2bhappy said...

I'm with you. God will help those people if they are receptive. I love my amenities as well.

Bonnie said...

I love a good hot bath.

My heart has also turned to the people of Haiti and I find myself being ever grateful for all that I have.

Thanks for the great reminder that God is comforting their hearts. His purposes are being fulfilled through this tragedy, not just for their growth and learning, but also for ours.

Matt said...

That's the key to this life I believe. If we are faithful, nothing will ever be permanently wrong.I love you sweetheart, and I to am grateful for the new waterheater