This years Ute Stampede was actually pleasant. It wasn't sweltering hot and it was pretty laid back. Linsey was up for the week so we all (everyone but dad) put on our Ute Stampede shirts for the Horse parade.
The kids were so cute waving at the horses.
Kyle would jump up and down and say "Look at the hee hees Abby." It was cute.
After the parade I sent Matt to the rodeo with the two kids while I stayed home and tended Zoey.
The next day we headed to the Mammoth Parade. The opening
was cool, they had an apache helicopter fly down Main Street. I didn't get my camera out in time, but it was awesome. Then,
the begging of candy began. I was surprised at how many businesses gave out stuff other than candy. There were frisbees, water bottles, t-shirts, and balls. The kids had fun hanging out with their cousins and running down the street trying to get some candy. After the parade, we went home and got ready for the rodeo that night. I love the opening ceremonies of the Ute Stampede, I tear up everytime Lee Greenwood sings "I'm Proud to Be an American" as the flag drops from the sky. Because it was the 75th anniversary, they added a little fire to the opening act to spice things up.
Then the rodeo began. I wasn't very interested in it. Finally, I couldn't take the awful jokes and the cramped space, so we left after the bull fighting began. We beat the crowd home and we were in bed before 11. The next day, the men went to the car show and the women went shopping. That night, the Stokers had a little emergency so Matt and I decided to take care of dinner for everyone. As we were sitting around the table talking we came to the conclusion that we would rather stay home than go to the rodeo. It was fun, but after you see it once, there really isn't any difference the other days. So Matt and I spent a nice evening at home with the kids. It was a pleasant weekend.

3 comments:
It was very nice this year. Not a lot of running around and crazyness. We relaxed and saw some different things. I really liked the car show. I would take Jeremy around and show him the different cars and the kinds of aspiration they had and tried to explain the difference between Carburators, Turbo Chargers, and Super Chargers. He liked the paint jobs. :)
The Stampede was great. I love having my family home enjoying each other.
Im glad that you had a great time. we were thinking about out while you were there.
So does that mean that you guys are only going to go the rodeo 1 night from now on?
I'll see you guys soon. and I have to figure out what to do with the baby because my aunt can't tend her.
Post a Comment