This year, the celebration at the park wasn't as sweltering as previous ones. Matt was up at 6 to go down to the park and serve breakfast. I was happily asleep. The young women were in charge of hair painting and I had signed up to go at 10am when all the rides opened. Mom decided to take my kids to all of the rides. She did manage to get a few pictures.
After my shift at the hair painting was over, we grabbed some lunch and Jeremy insisted on going on the jail ride. Bailee would have none of it though. She remember how the "mean boys" would run along the ride and shoot all the kids with their squirt guns, so she refused to ride. Jeremy loved it though:
We left the park around 3:30 so Matt could mow the lawns and we could relax until the fireworks. Around 8:30 that night we had a 4th of July first, the wind starts blowing and the clouds rolled in. Suddenly it started to rain, and we knew the fireworks would be cancelled. So Matt and I grabbed a blanket and cuddled downstairs until we both fell asleep. It was a nice relaxing 4th. And I will always remember 2009 was the year that it rained.
Monday, July 6, 2009
A 4th of July First
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It was a pretty nice day. And the best part about it was that I didn't have to go to work the next day. For some reason that sort of things bugs me about holidays. I like to have a day after the holiday to recover from the holiday. It was perfect.
The fourth of July was a nice day. The weather was bearable and the kids enjoyed themselves. Who could have asked for a better day. Next year will be just as good.
We had a great day all of us together. It was nice to sit and visit and listen to what was going on around us. You kids were not born yet but I remember when we had the first July 4 that it snowed. You can't top that.
Yeah, we kept our kids up that late to just to watch the fireworks and what do you know, it rains and thunders. Too bad. Oh well. Sounds like you had a fun day.
Post a Comment