Through-out my entire life there has been one influence that has remained constant and true - steadfast and immovable. Someone that has always pointed me in the right direction. Someone who has laughed with me and cried with me; hurt for me; and lifted me up when I was down. My guidepost. Someone whom I always gauge myself against. My mom. So for mother's day, I decided to make her a symbol of what she means to me.
The first definition of a guidepost is: A post with a sign giving directions for travelers, usually placed at a crossroad. However, the second definition explains perfectly how I feel about my mom and the impact she has had on my life: Something that serves as a guide or an example; a guideline. My mother set the standard for me early on by her example and he unwavering love for me. Because of her, I have been able to weather the storms that have inevitably come in my life. She taught me about Job and his firm commitment to our Savior and His plan of happiness. She taught me that I can weather any storm that Satan will throw at me, she helped me overcome my insecurities, and she rallies around and completely supports any decision that I make. She watches my children so I am able to help support my family. She teaches them the same principles that she taught me. She is helping shape and mold them into strong and faithful servants of our Heavenly Father. I love you mom, thank you so much for all that you have done for me and all that you will continue to do for me. You're the best.

6 comments:
I'm grateful for the example she's been to Abby. Abby is the woman that i love because of her guide post. Thank you Patsy.
I to love you mom, for the same reasons. Moms are great and now I have the opportunity to pass on what mom taught me on to my kids. I hope I can be as strong as mom was, even when I was being a pill. love you mom.
Boy, did you ever make my day. So, all that time I really was making a difference and I was really was teaching you the things I wanted you to know. Pay Days for mom's really are few and far between. Today was one for me.
I love you.
Mom
Aren't moms great! Thanks for sharing this.
Patsy, with having my first teenager, I am glad to know that there are still paydays when they get older.
Sniff sniff. Patsy, thanks for all you do for your daughters. I understand now what a sacrifice mom's make for their children.
That was good! Mom you are the best! You really are supermom! I love you and appreciate all that you do! Thanks Abby! Took the words right out of my mouth!
Post a Comment