This was an awesome ride. Jeremy and Bailee literally thought we were diving and that they got to ride a real-life sub. It was so cute too. If you have kids who like finding nemo, they will love this ride. Bailee was screaming at Nemo's Dad, trying to tell him that Nemo was right behind him. Jeremy was very serious, because he didn't want to cause the sub to get flooded with water. It was hilarious.
So we got off the subs 20 minutes later and the line was already a 90 minute wait. Whew! Glad we got that out the way. We then headed over to fantasyland and every ride was a walk on. My all-time favorite ride growing up ride was Peter Pan. We always go on that one first. Then Bailee insisted on riding the horses. You think that growing up with her very own horse, she wouldn't get much thrill out of a carousel (more on that later) but we rode it over and over. Then we went on the classic Dumbo ride. Once again, just some elephants floating around in a circle, but our kids were in Heaven. The cast members give you a feather to hold while you wait in line to get the magic in you so when you get in your elephant it will fly. Jeremy was clutching his with his eyes closed determined to get as much magic as that little "feather" could muster. As we took off, he turned to me and said, "It worked mom, I have magic and we are flying." It's memories like that, that make it all worth it.
After Dumbo we headed down the rabbit hole with Alice. I love the Alice in Wonderland ride. It is just a simple little kid ride, but it is just so much fun. After we went down the rabbit hole, Bailee absolutely insisted on riding the teacups. I think that this is her all time favorite ride. So, we all cram into the teacup and immediately Bailee starts giggling. Even before we start to spin, she was giggling and giggling and giggling. Matt and I have looked and looked for a little teacup figurine to buy her as a souvenir, but they just don't make little teacups. Oh well, at least we have some cute picures.
As we got out the teacups, we decided to go on the Matterhorn. Bailee was actually tall enough for this roller coaster so the five of us climbed in our bobsled and headed up the mountain. Bailee was terrified! To say the least, she was scared. I thought for sure she would love it, but the sudden jolts and turns were too much for her little constitution. However, once we got back down the mountain and we were getting off - she all of a sudden started to giggle and say "Let's go on that again, it was really cool." Matt and I just rolled our eyes at her as she was attempting to save face in front of her older, no fear brother.
After our magic morning, Matt was getting grumpy, and everyone knows when Matt starts to get grumpy, just feed him. So we went over to Tomorrowland and grabbed some breakfast while we waited for the Jedi Training Academy to begin. This is a very cute show. A Jedi picks children from the audience to train as a Jedi. After he teaches them some moves, suddenly the stage rises and Darth Maul and Darth Vader apear and they try to convince all the Padowan learners to join the Dark Side. Each jedi-in-training gets to fight Darth Maul and Vader. It is so cute. The kids are so serious and intent on beating him. Jeremy was too shy to volunteer, but I have a feeling next time we go, he will be at the front of the line jumping up and down to get chosen.

Just as we finished paying, Matt and Jeremy came out of Space Mountain. We decided to head over to California Adventure. We had just recently watched Brother Bear and we all loved it. They have a brother bear totem ceremony that I wanted to check out. I had never been on Grizzly River Rapids, so mom took the kids over to the Redwood Creek Trail Challenge (which is rope bridges and climbing, things any boy would love) while Matt and I went on Grizzly River Rapids. I was expecting something like Rattlesnake Rapids at Lagoon. Oh no, the final drop is huge and you get drenched. Since it was a warm day I didn't mind, it was a very exhilarating ride.
After that we had enough fun, so we decided to go back to the hotel for a nap. Mom and I had reservations at 4 at the Blue Bayou, which is the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I wanted some time with just me and Mom as kind of a "thank you" for watching my kids all day everyday, I treated her to a nice meal at Disneyland. It was nice to be able to sit and visit and not worry about children. Very relaxing, just what we needed.


The plan was for me and Mom to go on it and then switch and me and Matt, but by the time we were done California Adventure was closed. So we decided to go to bed early. It was a great day and we all had a ton of fun. Stay tuned for Day 3.

3 comments:
So are you going to leave me anything to say about Disneyland!!
I love this place too and am so glad that you took me with you.
I left you the Blue Bayou to talk about. I didn't mention that in day two.
Oh wait, just kidding I did.
Post a Comment