Saturday we took the family up to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. They were less than enthused. They were expecting LONG lines and shuttle buses. You can imagine our surprise when we got there and were told that we could park right in the temple parking lot. We were escorted to a tent where we watched a video of the temple. It was different than the Draper Temple one.
After the movie, we walked right into the Temple. It was beautiful as usual. There wasn't anyone in front of us. Jeremy was once again enthralled with the baptismal font. He counted all 12 oxen and Matt explained about the 12 tribes of Israel. When we got into the sealing room, we were able to spend as long as we wanted in there. Mom took Bailee to the mirrors and explained about eternity. As we exited the temple we were ushered into a reception hall for cookies. We chatted for a bit about our impressions of the temple and took some pictures.
It was a cloudy day, but the rain subsided long enough to take some exterior pictures.
I am grateful for my family and the knowledge that we can be together forever. I am grateful I had the opportunity to take my children to the temple and teach them the importance of going to the temple. I LOVE the temple and I find great joy in serving in the House of the Lord. There is no other place like it in the world.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Oquirrh Mountain Temple
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow, it seams like last month that you were at the draper temple. I hope that we get to stay in Kansas City, that way we can take our kids to the KC temple when they finnish it. if not then o-well, I hope there will be others that we can go to.
I don't know why, but Jeremy really likes the Baptismal font. He kept asking about when he could go in it. I wonder if he thinks it's some sort of swimming pool :) It was a very good experiance, not nearly as crowded as Draper.
It was really a great day. Tyler was so reverent and interested in everything too. Everything is so beautiful in the temples.
Glad you got to go. I, too, love the temple and am so grateful we have so many of them so close.
That's cool you could go right in. The temple is a great place to go and serve. It is so peaceful and a place to feel the spirit so close. That's exciting to go as a family.
Post a Comment