Monday, September 29, 2008

Happiness is our Heritage

Saturday night was the General Relief Society Broadcast.  I was so excited.  I LOVE this time of year.  I love the inspiration and direction that our General Authorities give us.  I know that everyone has hard times, and they help us get through them.  The Relief Society general presidency spoke and then President Uchtdorf concluded. Uchtdorf He was amazing.  He started off by saying that women under value their abilities and who they really are.  He then said that there were two principles for peace.  1.  Principle of Service:  When you are serving, everything seems illuminated and when you spread sunshine, you can't help but get some on yourself.

2.  Principle of Creation:  Creation means bringing into existence something that wasn't there before.  The more you trust and rely on the Spirit, the greater capacity you have to create.  He states that it doesn't have to be any big thing.  Start with a smile, or create an atmosphere of love in your home.  If you follow these two principles you create a pattern of happiness that will get you through any trial.  Later that night, I lay in bed thinking about the broadcast.  What can I create?  I decided then, that I would make an effort everyday to create something of substance and beauty.  I made a reminder that I will put somewhere where I will see it most.  Feel free to click and print off a reminder for you.  Place it on your fridge, bathroom mirror, in your car, wherever you will see it and ask yourself, "What am I going create today?"
Create

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it. I think we all can do something every day to make our lives, and our family's lives, a bit better each and everyday. I'm in.

Here at home said...

I loved that talk. The whole time I wished I was taking notes like you were because I was forgetting it as fast as he was giving it. Thanks for the printout. I will put it on the mirror. ALl day today I've been trying to think what I could create. I think I'm really going to have to work on this. I don't think I did very good today.

Bonnie said...

Every time I miss conference like this I miss some astounding talk that gets talked about everywhere I turn around. I think it is available for download. I will have to go get it.

Thanks for your thoughts. I will be borrowing your printout.

born2bhappy said...

It was a talk that we all needed. We forget that creating is more than what most think. I'm with you. What shall I create today.
I loved being at the meeting with both my girls and no kids to contend with. It was great. I am truly blessed.