Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 28 - This Is Gonna Get Hairy

Let me just start off by saying that this is SUPER embarrassing for me.  I've never really cared a whole lot about my hair, but going through all my old pictures, I decided to show you my hair through the years.  These are pictures of pictures so the quality won't be the best, but I'm sure that won't be what you remember about them.  Don't worry, I'm cringing right along with you:
100_2281
Young and innocent.
100_2282 
Every young girl requires accessories.
100_2283
The curse of the natural curl.
100_2284
The result of wearing pink foam curlers to bed.
100_2285 
Keep in mind, this was the 80's.
100_2286
When a good perm goes BAD!
100_2287
The beginning of the perm years, there are many more to come.
100_2288
Trying to straighten the curls.
100_2291
Don't stare directly into the shirt, I had a tiny cow girl phase.  It wasn't pretty.
100_2292 
I know, it's pretty scary. Tame that mane woman.
100_2293
Ah yes, may I introduce you to the "Utah Claw" 
100_2294 
The claw rears its ugly head yet again.
100_2295
There, I feel better now. 
100_2297 
Mushrooms anyone?
100_2298
Finally a Senior.  We're skipping the braces years, that a post for another day.  On to married life:
100_2299  
Long hair doesn't really suit me I think.
100_2300
Flat!  Yikes!
100_2301 
That's closer to how I am now. 
100_1987
That's me now.  I think I can honestly say that I spend more time brushing my teeth than I spend doing my hair, as you can obviously see.
So that's my hair through the years, yes ladies and gentleman, I've tried it all.  However, I take comfort in the fact that probably all of you have the same embarrassing pictures hidden under your bed.  Right?

5 comments:

Matt said...

Not hidden under my bed, locked away in a vault. ha! Just kidding. It's okay baby, I think I've got pictures of me with bigger curls than any of those photos. To be hones, I liked your hair longer, like when we were dating. But then you cut it off and that really works. You can take comfort in the fact that most of those hair styles were probably your mothers choice. Plus, "It was the style at the time".

Unknown said...

We all went through the perm years and it is scary. It is interesting to see what hair styles we had throughout the years. Looking back is fun, we get to see how far we have come. You look cute with short hair, but I also liked the long hair too.

Here at home said...

I love the perm ones. Yeah. Those are funny. Although, I do have to say I like the long hair. I think my favorite one is the frizzy, perm gone wrong.

born2bhappy said...

Give me a break. You hated any fussing with hair, so I took the easy way out. I think they are all CUTE!!! So there.

Jenny Stoker said...

The best is the cabbage patch bangs that start waaayyy back and then poof! That was awesome!! But I really can't say much cause I went through all sorts of scary stuff!! Not pretty! I liked you with long hair too! I like short too, but I liked the long as well! Good post!!