Yesterday was my sister-in-law's birthday. Happy Birthday!!! So we decided to have a combined FHE and a little birthday dinner. On the menu was Matt's famous marinated turkey. Everyone LOVED it, especially the twins. Isaac was shoving turkey into his mouth while pointing at the stack wanting more. They can really put it away. So then it was cake time. I knew Sharon wasn't a big chocolate fan, so I had mom make a cheesecake. When I got home from work, I went over to get the cake and I discovered that my dad had cut some pieces out for him. See:
Sorry Sharon, you can't trust my dad when it comes to food. So we lit the candles and sang the traditional birthday song:
Then we headed downstairs for a fun FHE game. During conference, I kept listening for talks to plan family home evenings around and of course Elder Bednar's talk was perfect. Allowing our children to act rather than be acted upon. So I got a template out of Primary manual and made a life size version and chutes and ladders.
We talked about choosing the right and the consequences for right and wrong choices. Then we lined them up and they started to play:
They would roll and then they had cards with choice on them. They would get to move forward or backward depending on what choice they made. It was a blast. They wanted to keep playing it over and over.
It was a fun night and hopefully they'll remember to make right choices. Happy Birthday Sharon! And thanks for giving us a reason to celebrate!!! :)
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Birthday Bash!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
The giant dice was the favored prop. Dinner was way good...mmm...turkey...I love it. Great planning sweetheart.
I got to eat some of the leftovers today. Yummy. The potato salad and marinated turky hit the spot. Thank you so much.
The boys had a blast playing that game. You put a lot of work into it. I would say you made an unforgettable impression on them.
It is certainly worth all the effort when you see how much fun they are having and learning at the same time. Family is definitely what its all about.
that is way cool. I never would have thought to make a giant game. That is way cool. Looks like you had a great time being together.
Post a Comment