Monday, April 13, 2009

My Easter Testimony

Yesterday was Easter Sunday and I was extremely emotional.  I'm not sure why.  I think it was partly because we really focused on the Savior this Easter season.  Because of the sacredness of the last supper to the resurrection, we didn't do any skits with the kids, but we read the scriptures and talked about them.  Jeremy and Bailee were in tears when they learned that one of Jesus' really good friends was the man who betrayed him and that He-Is-Risen_dpall the people wanted to crucify him.  So this past week, my thoughts have really been on the Savior.
Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting and Jeremy leaned to me and said that he wanted to bear his testimony and say that he was glad that Jesus was resurrected.  He started to walk up to the pulpit, but got  scared and came back to me and told me that he was just too shy.  GethsemaneI thought about my feelings about the resurrection and what my Savior has done for me.
I want everyone reading to know of my love for the Savior.  I know that He was chosen to descend below all men and He did it willingly.  I know that He suffered in Gethsemane for my sins.  I know that He understands PERFECTLY everything that I have gone through and everything that I will go through because of the sacrifice he made in that garden.  He is one of my best friends.  He has laid down beside me during my times of despair, and he has picked me upMary when I have fallen.  He walks beside me as I attend the temple, teach my children the gospel, go to church, read scriptures with my family, or pray with my sweetheart.  I know without any doubt that He is the Christ.  I know that He lives and that He loves each and everyone of us.  His arms are open to all who believe and come unto Him.  I know that through Him, we can feel peace, even when the world is falling apart all around us.  He offers us a refuge from the storm.  I personally know that anyone can overcome any trial as long as He is by your side.  I am so grateful for the personal knowledge I have of my Savior.  I love Him and pray that everyone will have a desire to know the Savior personally and intimately. 

4 comments:

born2bhappy said...

There is not much I can say except that I am so happy that you have nutured a relationship with your brother, Jesus Christ. He is one who will never leave you alone. He will always love you no matter what and be there for you if you need at any time and any place. I too love my Savior with all my heart and know beyond any doubt that he is the Savior of the world and that he personally knows and loves me in spite of my imperfections and that he is rooting for us all to make the right choices that will bring us home to him again. That is my ultimate desire to be with my Savior WITH ALL MY FAMILY, together forevery. I love you Abby. You have become so much more than I could have even hoped for.

Goofyness said...

Easter really is a great time of year. We focus mainly on Christ and his sacrifice. That is what easter is all about. Christ is there whenever we need him, that's what separates us from everyone else, we have a perfect knowledge of the atonement and resurrection. Christ is the way and I think if the world knew it then the world would be a better place.

Matt said...

He is our Savior and has carried our afflictions with love and patience. He knows our weaknesses and still loves us despite them. He wants us to be happy and is willing to forgive us if we turn to Him with sincerety of heart. I know His atonement is real. I know of the peace that we each can find in the Savior. I'm grateful that He made his sacrifice for me and for those that I love. I love Him and am thankful to him each day.

Here at home said...

Thanks for sharing this. I loved this Easter, too, and I love the Savior for what He has done for us.