Monday, April 6, 2009

Getting a Little Creative

In Easter's past we have given the kids church books and church clothes along with a never-ending supply of candy. It is a little more difficult when you are saving your money for some fun in the sun. So rather than spend tons of money on Easter baskets, we decided to make it a week-long celebration of the real meaning on Easter.
Yesterday was Palm Sunday. The day of Christ's Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem. Matt and I decided to study and celebrate each event leading up to Christ's resurrection. So last night we gathered the children and read Matthew 21:4-9. After we read from the scriptures, I told the kids that we would be putting on a play of what we just read. So Jeremy was Jesus, Matt was the donkey, and Bailee and I were Christ's followers who threw palm leaves on the ground in front of him. Bailee was a little hesitant to shout "Hosanna!" But we convinced her.
It was great to see the excitement on their faces as we learned about Jesus.
100_1907

6 comments:

Matt said...

That's the best video ever! So great. it cracks me up. I'm gratefulf for my family and the hard work and much effort that Abby puts into things. I just show up and do as I'm told.

Bailey Family said...

you are so creative!! way to go.

Here at home said...

Cute as ever!

Goofyness said...

What an awesome experience. They will be grateful for the effort you put into teaching them the gospel. What a good job you did and a great idea.

Amy said...

You come up with the best ideas! I'm going to have to chat with you sometime about how you think of all these fun activities.

born2bhappy said...

This one looked like fun to ride on daddy and be Jesus. It is so simple and just takes a few minutes but the rewards will last a life time.