Monday, November 17, 2008

My Only

She is four years old today.  She is a sweetheart, who not only says she loves you, but she makes you feel loved.  She is smart and looks up to her brother.  She is our little porcelain doll.  She completes our family.  She is our only daughter Bailee Morgan Morrill. 
It started when Matt and I were getting ready for the ultrasound.  We had gone back and forth with little boy names, and we finally decided on Logan.  We hadn't even considered girl names.  That was just unheard of in the Morrill family.  When we saw little body parts we would say "Oh look at his little feet" or "There is his little fingers."  When the tech told us we were having a girl our mouths dropped wide open.  We couldn't believe it!!  Matt was less than enthused.  He just plain didn't want a girl.  He wasn't happy the whole rest of the pregnancy.  Finally, the day came to deliver.  The second Matt held his Kids1daughter and she wrapped her little hand around his pinkie - his heart melted.  Four years later, she still has him wrapped around her little finger and Matt isn't ashamed to admit it.  It hasn't been all sugar and spice though.  Bailee was known for her massive "Level 5 Meltdowns".  She would Kids2throw herself down on the floor with no regard to her physical well being.  She would make herself throw-up if she felt she had been in the car too long.  She refused to give up her bottle.  She always had that thing in her mouth.  She had no desire to potty-train.  Still, she always had a smile on her face and you couldn't help but laugh when she would giggle.  She is always more than willing to give you a hug or a kiss on the cheek.  Four years have just flown by.  I love you , Bailee, and I hope you have a great day!!

5 comments:

Bailey Family said...

Happy Birthday Bailee!! For some reason I thought that she was a Dec. baby. Louis and I were talking about her hair cut yesterday and we had to laugh. He also said that you did the same thing when you were younger.

Here at home said...

They say it's your birthday! It's your birthday. It's your birthday! Have a fun one, birthday girl.
Sure love you. You are so beautiful and cute and fun. I'm glad we live so close to you now so that we can see you more.
Happy birthday, Bailee.

Anonymous said...

She is my sweet little girl. I can't help but get all goo goo eyed even now when she gives me a hug, say's "I love you daddy" and scambers off with a smile. I love her so very much. It seems that no matter how mad she gets at me, or me at her, we always can give each other a hug and say I love you.

born2bhappy said...

Bailee has give us new outlooks on many things. She certainly had her own way at looking at everything and expressing it was also very interesting. She is a sweetheart and full of life.

Bradford Bunch said...

We sang to Bailey at Dance too, she just smiled and laughed at everyone, she is such a sweet heart and we are glad to be neighbors and friends.