So I have been thinking about this for quite some time now. What is different with me? Why do I go to bed at 9pm now? Why aren't Matt's jokes funny anymore? (Oh wait, were they ever funny?) So after some deep contemplation I have decided that Mortgages make us boring. Yup. I am afraid so. If you think about it long and hard enough, you'll have to agree with me. Think back. Do you remember the late night chats, or the spontaneous trips to Mesquite, or the romantic getaways to anniversary inn? How about dancing in your pajamas on Sunday morning, or snuggling up by the fire and telling stories? Do you remember going all out for Christmas? Do you remember all the food that was in the fridge and pantry? Do you remember actually celebrating your birthday or anniversary? Do you remember going out to dinner just because it was a Wednesday? How about the premium cable channels? Remember those? Don't forget all the extra money to buy cute decorations for the holidays? See what I'm saying. Mortgages make people boring. They are more concerned with this:
And less concerned with this:
Let's bring the fun back this holiday season. Who's with me?
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Mortgages Make Us Boring
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It's so boring. Having to pay all of our money to the bank. Just say it is lame. Responsibility is for suckers.
I feel the same way. Why can't we be more fun! To heck with the mortgage. Let's party!
Reality is so not fun. I think we do a good job of trying to forget that and party quite a bit considering we all have those awful mortgages.
Abby I hate to tell ya but the same thing goes with rent. I think the last time Louis and I went out to do some thing just because was???? heck I don't remember probably before the kids showed up. But then yet Louis is a big tight wad.
Post a Comment