One year ago today, Matt’s mom passed to the other side. We have spent the week talking about Cindy and all that she was. There are so many different ways we described Cindy to our children…. mother, grandmother, daughter of God, seamstress, aebleskiver maker, cosmetologist, wife, camper, theater-goer, comforter, visiting teacher, piano player, hard worker, someone who sacrifices and serves, and the list goes on and on. Last night we decided who Cindy really was. She was a Believer and a Defender.
The biggest thing I learned from Cindy was that she believed in her Savior and she defended her beliefs. She knew who she was, she knew God’s plan, and she followed Him in faith, through good times, bad times, and unbelievably excruciatingly difficult times. She taught her family what she believed and she taught them to stand up and defend it.
Yesterday Matt and I went to a viewing of a friend. It certainly brought up emotions and feelings from Cindy’s funeral. To offset the sadness, we went to a session at the Manti Temple. It was an amazing evening. We wanted something to remember Cindy and attending the temple was the perfect thing. She loved the temple. We arrive to our session and we are asked to be the witness couple, then as we are sitting up on the stand a new missionary comes walking through the doors with this look of amazement on his face. Matt and I looked at each other and smiled. After we progressed to the Celestial, we sat and talked about Cindy. We talked about how she would have loved to be at the temple and how having a new missionary was a perfect way to honor her memory. She sent 3 missionaries of her own out into the field. She sat with them as they entered the Celestial room for the first time. We talked about our favorite memories of Cindy in the temple. Before Matt’s mission they would attend the temple 3 or 4 times a week. She would teach him and bear her testimony to him about Eternal Life and the Plan of Salvation. The more we talked about Cindy, the more we felt as if she were sitting on the couch with us.
This morning I woke up and looked around my home. It is filled of little pieces of Cindy all around. There are pictures she has given us, blankets she had made for us, gifts that would remind us of her. She was a very giving person, and even though she is has gone on, little parts of her will always be with us.
I am grateful for the knowledge I have of Eternal Life and eternal families. I know that one day we will see her again. I know that the Gospel is that of good news. It makes us happy, gives us direction, lifts us up……… and most importantly…………. keeps us together forever!
We miss you Cindy!

1 comment:
I thought quite a bit about mom while we were in the temple. I remember all the great trips we would have and how her conversation always were always centered on The Savior while we were out. She would always speak with such pride about her parents and their serving missions in the Manti Temple and how important it was to them. I can now speak with the same pride and conviction of mom's willingness to serve. She truly was generous in everything that she did and I miss her dearly. Love you mom.
Post a Comment