Wednesday, when Matt got off work, we headed down to stateline. Everyone was very excited:
Because it was Spring Break, the park opened up at 8AM and to make sure we got the most out of our tickets, we had to get up at 3AM and thanks to daylight savings, it was still pretty dark out when we arrived at Anaheim:
We pulled into the Park Vue Inn around 7:15, we got our parking pass and we headed to the park.
Side note: I really enjoyed staying at the Park Vue Inn. Their staff was super friendly and even called around noon to let us know that our room was ready. They offer breakfast AND dinner plus they have cookies and juice in their lobby 24/7. It was an awesome motel.
Anyway, we headed over to Disneyland and got our tickets. They were already letting people in, so we headed down Main street where they had each land blocked off until 8AM. The flowers were beautiful.
We sent Matt to wait over by tomorrowland so he could get fast passes to Star Tours and we waited by Adventureland to go on our traditional first ride: Pirates of the Caribbean.
Matt met us at the ride and we floated down the bayou:
Since we were in the area, we hopped on a doom buggy inside the Haunted Mansion to visit the 999 Happy Haunts:
After, Matt and the kids wanted to go on Indiana Jones, so Mom and I headed over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad:
Leading up to the trip, I kept checking the weather reports and they changed daily. One of them said to expect rain every day we were in the park, but Thursday was perfect.
Matt met us at the exit and we headed over to get a fast pass for Space Mountain and we hopped on Buzz Lightyear.
Bailee was very excited she got to go all by herself, but her picture didn’t turn out at all.
I want to draw everyones attention to who got the highest score. Yup, that would be me!! I kicked Matt’s butt. Woo hoo!!
Since we knew that there was going to be rain, we wanted to ride all the rides that would be closed in the rain, so we headed over to Alice in Wonderland. I sent the others ahead while I emailed the Buzz pictures to myself, and even though Matt has been many times to Disneyland, he took the loooooong way around and we met up at the same time. I gave Matt the camera:
By now it was around 9:15 so we needed to head over to California Adventure.
There is still construction all over and the entrance actually has you come through the back part of condor flats and you enter by Soarin’. So, since we were in the area, we went for a ride:
After our ride, the kids wanted to go on the Screamin’ rollercoaster, so Mom and Matt took them to Paradise Pier and I headed to Hollywood backlot to get fast passes for Tower of Terror.
It was a beautiful day and there weren’t that many people in the parks:
Once I arrived at the pier I discovered that Bailee was just a hair too short to ride, so her and I rode the Carousel until it was time for them to ride, then we got a picture of them just as they were about to take off:
After the rollercoaster, we wanted to ride the new Ariels Undersea Adventure. I love all the details Disney puts into their parks. As we were waiting in line, Matt looked down at the cement and pointed out the seashell designs:
I love this ride, it is designed like the Haunted Mansion with a continuous movement of clam shells. It was super cute:
After our undersea adventure we walked through Bugs Land and headed for an elevator ride on the tower of terror:
The picture on the screen cut off mom, so you can’t see her very well. It was around noon, and I got a phone call from the front desk at the Park Vue Inn stating that our room was ready, so we started to head out of the park. On the way, we used our fast passes for Soarin’
So we headed back to the hotel for a rest since we had been up since 3 in the morning. Coming up…… Something Soundsational.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Disneyland Day One Part One
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh man, what a morning. We were all really tired but it didn't matter, we just kept plugging away. The weather was beautiful and we were enjoying the parks while we were still full of energy and lacking stiff and sore muscles.
It was a great start to a wonderful time. Everything was amazing as usual.
Post a Comment