Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mourning and Grief

With the past events of this last week I have thought a lot about mourning and grief.  Although we know Cindy is in a better place it is still hard.  I am well aware that each person mourns and grieves in different ways.  It have been evident in my own home.  Matthew chooses to work through his grief by working in his yard and more particularly, planting something that will always remind him of his mother:
062
100
Jeremy chooses not to even think about it and avoid the pain completely:

Bailee chooses to look at pictures of her Grandma and listen to stories:
103
And I cope by writing.  Writing stories and memories:

However, although we all have been coping in different ways, there has been one common catalyst to help ease our troubled souls and bring comfort and joy and that is reading the scriptures together.  Yesterday as we were reading in Alma we came to the point where Amulek and Zeezrom were contending one with another and Amulek started teaching about death and the resurrection.  This brought great peace to our family.  Particularly chapter 11:43 “The spirit and the body shall be reunited again in its perfect form.”  As we discussed the Plan of Salvation both the kids climbed up and cuddled and ask questions about Grandma Cindy and what she is doing now.  I have no doubt in my mind that she is furthering the work in the kingdom.  I know that she is happy and that some day, we will be with her again.  And that knowledge is the best comfort anyone could have.

2 comments:

Matt said...

It's true. We each grieve in different ways. I will always be grateful for all of the lessons that mom taught me and I look forward to the day when we can embrace each other again. I know the gospel will bring my family the peace that we are looking for.

born2bhappy said...

We can always find refuge in the scriptures. Glad you found one.