Friday, February 11, 2011

Inspiration and Creation

This week, I finished a little project I had been working on since the beginning of the year:
 
Matt did all the woodwork.  I just printed the burlap, stained it and put the ribbon on it.  Sure, its not perfect, but I had an overwhelming sense of satisfaction once it was completed and then I recalled one of my all-time favorite talks by President Uchtdorf entitled Heritage of Happiness.  The best part:

“The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.

Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.

Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children.”

Matt and I were talking about creating and inspiration and then he got me this little beauty for our anniversary:
DSCN2026
My mind is now racing with all sorts of things I can create.  I can’t wait!!  Thanks honey for all the support you have given me in my creative processes.  You’re the best!!

3 comments:

Matt said...

I've very glad that i get to help you in your creative spirit. I hope you enjoy your Silhouette and that your creations will adorn our home for years to come.

Here at home said...

Seriously! YOU GOT IT!!!! Awesme! Matt, you are the MAN!
And, cute burlap sign. Love it.

Sheridy said...

is that thing simular to the cricket? Cute sign.