Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Sledding

The kids were begging to go sledding.  So even though it was only 4 degrees outside, we bundled up and headed out to the meadow.  When we got there, the snow was about a foot deep; however, it has crusted over, so we could walk on the top of the snow.  It made for some awesome sledding:
DSCN1865
DSCN1868
DSCN1869
I made sure I was bundled up pretty good, except I don’t own a pair of snow boots.  I may just have to purchase some warm and toasty ones.

Remember that little cow Jeremy prayed for?  Here he is:
DSCN1873
Ray was such a good sport and would drag the sleds back up to the top of the hill:
DSCN1878
After a couple of hours, I was frozen so we headed home where I spent the rest of the day cuddled up in the warmth of my soft bed.  Happy New Years!

3 comments:

Matt said...

It was freezing cold!! It was a lot of fun to see the kids go sledding down the hill. they had a great time and I think only Tyler crashed hard enough to cry. it was a good time to be had by all.

Here at home said...

Now that looks fun. The boys have been once so far this winter season. We'll see if we get to go again sometime.

born2bhappy said...

That hill was the perfect sledding hill. They all had such a good time. Even little Megan went by herself and thought it was great. I loved watching them. Life is good.