Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Wise Men

Linsey had come up this weekend to stay through Christmas, so we decided to have a Christmas FHE.  I decided to focus on the wise men following the star and the gifts they gave Jesus.  We had all the kids dress up like wise men:
Then Matt read the account of the wise men and we talked about the gifts we wanted to give Jesus.  Each child and adult decided what to give the baby and then they wrote it on their star ornament.  Then we talked about following the star.  We turned out all the lights in the basement and Jenny was shining a light on a star in the playroom and the kids had to journey to find the star.  Once they found the star, they placed their ornament on the tree:

After al the ornaments were on the tree we settled down and watched the animated nativity.  Mom had made pink popcorn and all the kids were chomping away.  When the part with the wise men came on all the kids were saying which wise men they were pretending to be.  Kyle was enamored with the star and kept asking me all sorts of questions about it.

”Abby, why was there a star?”  “Where is the star now?”  “Why did they follow it?”  “Why did we find the star?”  It was cute.  Its for those reasons that I LOVE having FHE.   Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

Matt said...

It was my kind of FHE. Short, simple, and someone else brought the snack. :) It was fun to see how excited the kids got about the wisemen and about the baby Jesus. Bailee said that she wanted to hold him.

born2bhappy said...

This was quite a good FHE and one the kids will remember. It is great doing things all together when we can. I loved it.

Goofyness said...

I loved FHE it was so simple and the kids loved dressing up as the wise men. Even a couple days later Kyle is still asking questions about the star and why Jenny had to hold the star. It was a great evening, one we will always remember.

Jenny Stoker said...

It was fun. I was the star cause I biffed it on the way to Abby's ya I know I'm graceful. But it was fun nonetheless. Kyle still asks me questions. That kid is full of questions and he is cute!