This weekend, we were able to attend the Draper Temple Open House. So we headed up to Salt Lake, stopping to visit with Cory and Sharon before we ran some errands. Once we arrived at the red church parking lot, we were escorted into the building to watch a movie about the temple. It was one of those moments where I felt completely at ease. I was content. I looked next to me and saw my two beautiful children and my adoring husband and I was happy. After the events of last week, the phrase eternal family means so much more to me. After the video, they led us to the cultural hall to wait for a bus. The kids kept themselves busy playing paper, rock, scissors.
Finally, after a LONG wait, we were on our way up to the temple. Matt called the rest of the family and they were only a few minutes behind us, so we waited outside until they arrived.
Once everyone was together, we entered the House of the Lord.
Jeremy was the most excited for the Baptismal Font. He asked all sorts of questions, and he was so excited when he learned that he could go to the temple to do Baptisms for the Dead when he turned 12. By now, we had been on our feet for sometime and the little ones were getting a little tired. The building was beautiful.
And even though it was a smaller temple, they paid every attention to detail to make it breath-taking.
Toward the end of the tour, they escort groups into the sealing rooms where they talk about eternal families and the reason we are here on earth.
Then we headed to dinner with the Morrills. On the way home, Jeremy and Bailee could see the Draper Temple out the window and they began to sing "I Love to See the Temple." As they were singing, Matt grabbed my hand and a smile crossed my lips. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have an eternal family, and that we can go to temple and perform saving ordinances. It truly is a reason to celebrate.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Month of Love Celebration #8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
We are truly a blessed family. i'm grateful to all who made this a special experiance for us and our children. I'm grateful that we can be and eternal familly. I love you darling wife.
It really was worth all the waiting in line to be able to be there with my family, the ones that mean the most to me, and to feel the peace and the love that you only feel in the temple. I'm so glad we all got to go together. I loved how they sat us down in the sealing room and talked about the meaning of life. When we we were all tired and ready to be done, it was nice to sit for a minute and enjoy the spirit.
Experiences like this is what seals the feeling that heaven can be here on earth. Once in awhile we get that feeling of heaven almost like angels are right beside us and we feel that all is right with the world.
Boy that sounds like a wonderful experiance!! I hope that I can have that expericance one day. If we are lucky enough we will be able to do that in 2 1/2 years but louis thinks that we will be moving. bummer.
So did you take those pictures? or are those pictures you found from the church web sight?
Hi Abby! I have no idea how you found me, but I'm sure glad you did! Definitely keep in touch! P.S.- Your family is darling, of course!
Amy (Smith) Flynn
Post a Comment