Yesterday was a rough day. I got three more orders for t-shirts, it was Michelle's last day (leaving me the only female in the office), and I was really tired. Matt gets off at 4:30 now so we got home at the same time. We go over to Mom's to pick up the kids and discover Jeremy on the couch crying and bleeding. Apparently he thought it would be fun to play with knives . . . never a good idea. Matt takes him home and I hang back to talk to mom. She then proceed to lay out a long list of all the "naughty" things the kids have done that day. She was frazzled. They had gotten into everything they know they shouldn't. They were jumping on the furniture. Basically they were just plain naughty. After returning home, Matt and I hold a little conference before we dish out their punishments. Looking down on two little kids with their heads hung low, it was hard to remain firm, but we agreed on a fairly decent form of torture . . . cleaning.
We put those two little mischievous angels to work cleaning the house.
Amazingly, they had the whole house cleaned in under an hour, but what else could be done? Hmm. How about some of my childhood torture?
Or, some of Matt's childhood torture?
Yup, that's the ticket.
We put those two little mischievous angels to work cleaning the house.
Amazingly, they had the whole house cleaned in under an hour, but what else could be done? Hmm. How about some of my childhood torture?
Or, some of Matt's childhood torture?
Yup, that's the ticket. And finally, here is the end result from all their labors.

Now don't get the wrong idea about us. We weren't standing over them saying, "Mwah hah hah, work till you die." We just decided to take a page out of our parent's books. So if you've got an issue with our forms of punishment, point the finger at the parents. Actually I looked it up (not really) and house and yard work is the most effective form of torture. So I guess we will see if they decide to be naughty today, because I have a whole backyard of weeds with their names on it and I ain't afraid to watch them do it.

7 comments:
Hey, the cleaing wasn't working as well as we wanted either. They wiped everything down and Jeremy kept sighing and complaining, so i asked him if he needed something different to do and he said that he did. So I took him out back and showed him the pile and told him to start moving them. He did pretty good. I'm glad that Abby captures the moments that make up our family.
So far your method has worked. They have been little angels today, hugging me all the time. See those old fashioned ways of doing things far outdo the new fandangled modern methods.
Abby, I loved it, it was very funny. I think that's what I'll start doing from now on. heck with Kenzie my house will never be dirty again!!! Heck maybe she will start going to bed at a decent time. last night it was quarter to 11 before she decided to lay down.
love,
sheridy
Oh, I love it. The pictures just make it that much funnier. I love the looks on their faces and how they are just working away. You've given me some great ideas to do with my kids. Thanks.
That is great. Kids need to learn that there are concequences for bad behavior and I think that method of punishment is awesome. I need to do that with my kids. Sis I think you have started a trend.
I must have been a naughty kid for my whole childhood is filled with memories of slaving away.
I took your advice and told my oldest daughter, who shall remain nameless to protect her dignity, that she had to clean the whole evening yesterday for a naughty thing she did. She would agree with you that this work was torture. Great job! I will be using it more often. Now, what defines naughty? I have lots of work that needs to be done. He, he, he.
I need to do that with Tyler. He is constantly doing something that he knows he shouldn't!! I've got a long list of things to do as well!! Nicely done!!
Post a Comment